Baume & Mercier Men’s ‘Capleland’ Grey Dial Chronograph Swiss Automatic 10003
Baume et Mercier was founded in 1830. It is owned by the Richemont group of luxury companies. In 1912, William Baume met the watchmaker and jeweler Paul Mercier at the Geneva watch and jewelery shop in Haas. The meeting resulted in the signing of an agreement on 26 November 1918 for the establishment of Baume et Mercier in Geneva. This proved to be a very successful enterprise, and in 1921 they were awarded the coveted Poincon de Geneve, official recognition of flawless quality products. Watches dating from this period are now rare collectors pieces. Today, Baume et Mercier is recognized worldwide for its luxury timepieces that fall into four distinct collections – Linea, Classima, Capeland and Hampton.
- Case: Stainless steel, Round
- Caseback: Stainless Steel, Screw down, Solid
- Bezel: Stainless Steel, Fixed
- Dial: Grey, analog
- Hands: Silvetone
- Markers: Arabic numerals, White
- Calendar: Date display window between the 4 and 5 o’clock position
- Subdials: 30 minute counter at 3 o’clock, 12 hour counter at 6 o’clock, small seconds at 9 o’clock, Central seconds, 30 minute counter at 3 o’clock, 12 hour counter at 6 o’clock
- Functions: Hours, Minutes, Chronograph, Date, Telemeter and Tachymeter scales on Flange
- Strap: Leather, black
- Clasp: Deployment, Stainless Steel
- Crystal: Sapphire
- Crown: Stainless steel, Push/pull
- Movement: Valjoux 7753
- Engine: Valjoux 7753
- Water Resistance: 5 atm/50 meters/165 feet
- Case measurements: 42 mm in diameter x 15 millimeters thick
- Strap measurements: 20 MM wide x 8 in long
- Country of Origin: Switzerland
- Model: A10003
All measurements are approximate and may vary slightly from the listed dimensions.
Men’s watch bands can be sized to fit 7.5-inch to 8.5-inch wrists. Extra links are available through the manufacturer. (We do not provide this service).
Automatic movement winds with the movement of your arm. It is recommended that you wind the watch every two weeks.
A screw-down crown (knob) creates a water-resistant seal. To unscrew the crown, turn counter-clockwise and pull/push into position to set time, date, and other functions. To close the crown, press it against the case and turn clockwise.