Random Date 1899-1915 French Gold 20 Francs Rooster Coin .1867 Oz (AGW) SKU29057
Random Date France 20 Franc Gold Rooster Type Coin
Whether you’re a seasoned gold buyer or new to the precious metal, this French Gold Rooster is a great way to get your share. Struck between 1899 and 1915, it’s one of the beautiful gold coins ever minted. The Gold Rooster shows France’s version of Liberty on one side wearing a crown of oak leaves and the famous French crowing rooster on the other topped by the French motto: Liberty, Equality, Fraternity.
Now you’ll be able to order these beautiful and desirable vintage gold coins here. This listing is for random dates of our choice, specific dates cannot be requested. The image shown is a representation of the quality of the coin the buyer will receive.
This Rooster was associated with Kings and Queens
During the 19th and early 20th centuries, a large number of European countries issued coins of similar size and gold content to the French Gold Rooster. These Gold Roosters consorted with Queen Victoria, Kaiser Wilhelm, and Leopold II of Belgium among others. They were all of the gold coins of commerce across the face of Europe.
The minting of the gold Rooster ceased with the start of World War I. Over the years of the war, many millions of French Gold Roosters were melted to pay for arms. By the time the war ended, the French Gold Rooster had virtually disappeared from the pockets of the French.
The melting of millions of these legal tender 20 Franc French Gold Roosters continued right through the last century. It has caused the availability of this desirable classic European gold coin to diminish with each passing year. It’s amazing that any have survived. Each is struck in 90% gold and contains .1867 ounces of pure gold.
There's something about gold that has all the time fascinated and attracted us. One of the vital earliest burials found that contained artifacts had gold jewelry in them. As economies developed and expanded, gold replaced barter as a means of buying and selling expensive items, and very quickly after that gold coins appeared on the scene.
This legacy of gold coins as money continued into the 20th century. The crushing cost of World War I dealt gold coins like these French Roosters a near fatal blow, and the Great Depression of the 1930s was their coup de grace. But wise folks never stopped buying and accumulating gold coins, and these French Gold Roosters are still one of the most world's favorite ways to own gold!
- Precious metals markets are fluid therefore immediate payment by PayPal is required at time of purchase for all Bullion Buy It Now listings.
- Buyer is locked in at the price at the time of sale. We cannot make any price adjustments after the sale is complete. Prices can ceaselessly change up or down until the point of payment.
- Florida State Sales Tax Policy: (Only applies to Florida shipping addresses) Per Florida law we are required to collect Florida sales tax on foreign coin or non-legal tender bullion sales of $500 or less. All legal tender US Coins & Currency are tax exempt. Additionally any coin or bullion orders over $500 are tax exempt. If eBay applies tax to an order that does not qualify as taxable, We can automatically refund the sales tax on the next business day.
- Minnesota Sales Tax Policy: (Only applies to Minnesota shipping addresses) Any legal tender coins are taxable. Bullion products such as bars and silver rounds are tax exempt.
- Signature is required on all invoices over $250.
- Final shipping methods are chosen at the discretion of our shipping department.
USPS First Class Mail : Less than $250
USPS First Class Mail with Signature Confirmation: $250-$499.99
USPS Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation: $500-$2,499.99
FedEx Ground:$2,500 +
- MCM will not honor any sale where a typographical or computer error is made as decided by either us or by eBay.
- Product Photo Policy: MCM attempts to display product images shown on the site as as it should be as imaginable. We take all of our photos in house and Because of reflections on the mirrored or proof surfaces of a coin there may appear to be 'black' when there is not. If a coin has a color on it at all it is going to be described as 'colorized' in the description or title. Because of the large inventory we sell, we use stock photos. Serial numbers will vary from the image shown unless specifically stated in the product listing that the item pictured is the item you are going to receive.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS POLICY: We are accepting international orders from select countries.
- The shipping charges cover the full shipping cost from the United States to your country. Any additional import duties, customs fees, shipping/handling charges or taxes aren't included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the customer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office, postal office or local FedEx office to decide what these additional costs will be prior to purchasing.
- We only use USPS and FedEx as our couriers and we will ONLY ship to your eBay registered shipping address. We do not ship to any other address that is not listed on eBay, or to any shipping companies, storage units, etc. Except for China and Taiwan(ROC) all shipments will be sent FedEx. Shipments to China and Taiwan(ROC) that are less than $2,500 will be sent by USPS Express Mail EMS service or USPS Priority Mail.
- Customs: Please note that each international order will be insured and declared for the full value. We can state: "Numismatic collectable coin" on the customs declaration paper and use the appropriate code of our choice. We cannot declare any shipment as a gift or undervalue any item. No exceptions.
- Combined Shipping: For international orders only, we will attempt to combine shipping upon request only. Alternatively, we cannot guarantee this Because of the volume of orders we process every day. In order to receive combined shipping, the orders will have to be placed consecutively and it is the customer's responsibility to contact us immediately with the request.
The Company encourages you to examine your purchase immediately upon receipt, and call our toll free number at 1-800-362-9004 right through Customer Service hours in the event of any issues or concerns.
Bullion Items ? Non-Returnable, Non-Cancellable, Exchanges Only
The term "bullion items", for purposes of this provision, includes but is not limited to ungraded silver, gold, platinum or palladium legal tender coins; and silver, gold, platinum or palladium bars or rounds; as well as any other item advertised or marketed by Company as a "bullion item", prior to Customer purchase. Purchases of Bullion Items may not be returned or cancelled for any reason, at any time, but in the event of a manufacturer's defect; it can be exchanged for the same item, within the Company's sole discretion, if in a different way available. Along with Bullion Items, there are other items once in a while which may not be returned or cancelled for any reason. In this event, the item will clearly be marked as a "Final Sale", in the listing description and/or at the time of purchase. It is at our sole discretion to decide what constitutes a Bullion Item and/or a Final Sale, and each return or exchange request is handled one by one on a case by case basis.
Non-Bullion Items ? 30-Day Return Policy
You are entitled to return any non-bullion item purchased from Company within 30 days of the invoice date and receive a full refund of the purchase price, conditioned upon the following: Products cannot be altered, and coins will have to be in their original coin capsules, and original packaging, complete and in saleable condition, as a condition of any return. If the product has been altered, is not in its original coin capsule, or is in a different way in an unsaleable condition, the product will not be accepted for return or exchange. All documents and bonus items included with the product will have to also be returned. If the product is not returned with all original packaging and bonus items, is incomplete, or is returned after the 30-day return period, the Company reserves the right not to accept the return or to accept the return subject to a 20% restocking fee, in the Company's sole discretion. All returns with a purchase price over $500 will have to include a Return Authorization Number. This number can be obtained from our Customer Service Department by calling toll-free at 1-800-362-9004 right through Customer Service hours.
Refunds of non-bullion items are for the cost of product only; shipping and handling charges aren't refundable, unless in a different way stated by Company. Company will refund the purchase price to the customer in the same manner in which the original purchase was made, i.e., credit card purchases will be credited back to the credit card used. An balance due and owing on a returned item will be deducted from the refunded amount prior to crediting the customer's account. Beyond the 30-day return period, Company is under no obligation to accept return of any product, but may in its discretion do so pursuant to this policy, for up to one year from the invoice date.
ModernCoinMart (MCM) was launched in 2004 and quickly set the standards for online sales of bullion, US coins and world coins. Sign up for over 100,000 loyal customers and feel confident purchasing from a company that's spent a decade building a solid and stellar reputation trusted and recognized around the world. Confidence. Agree with. Reliability. That's the MCM way.